NEW WAY TO REQUEST SPACE/PROJECTS
This will facilitate a holistic approach to managing investments in our campus facilities that align with the institution’s goals and mission.
Read more about this announcement: https://facilities.unt.edu/announcements/new-way-request-space-or-facility-project-needs
"Projects" are alterations, new construction, or renovations on campus that involve multiple trades and have a cost that exceeds $5,000. All modifications to the physical structure of campus buildings and grounds must be managed by Facilities, per UNT Policy 11.009.
- Renovations to offices, classrooms, laboratories, or public areas inside a building.
- New ground-up construction of buildings or stand-alone structures, such as greenhouses or exterior storage sheds.
- Upgrades to building systems, such as heating/cooling systems.
- Equipment installation that impacts building systems, such as electrical or data communication.
Before Initiating a Project
- Do you need help determining the cost of a prospective project? Take advantage of our Estimating services prior to requesting a project. Visit the Estimating webpage here: https://facilities.unt.edu/services/estimating
- Obtain approval and a funding source from your department's Dean or Associate Vice President.
Initiating a Project
- Submit your request via the Space and/or Project Request Form located here: https://space.unt.edu/space-andor-project-request-form
- The Space Management and Facilities departments will obtain proper university approvals for your request and work with you on developing a scope of work and opinion of the cost.
- If the cost of your request exceeds $100,000, it will be considered a "large project" and held for cabinet-level review. Cabinet will review large projects at the end of each long semester for approval to proceed.
- You will be notified when a Project Manager (PM) is assigned to your project request. The PM will schedule a meeting to discuss your needs for the project.
- The PM will hone the scope of work into further detail and develop a project budget, which will be a Guaranteed Price. The PM will meet with you to review the scope of work and cost and obtain approval to proceed. If the work impacts a floor plan and space layout, you will be asked to review them for approval.
- The project's budget will be sent to you on a Project Budget Worksheet (PBW) for review and approval. Complete and sign the PBW, then forward it to the Budget Office for their review and signature.
- Return the complete PBW to Facilities, at which time the PM will begin procuring goods and services and scheduling construction activities to begin.
- The PM will keep you informed of the status of your project during construction.
- At the end of construction, the PM will coordinate any punch list items with you and provide warranty assistance.