All requests for a project -- regardless of funding source -- will require your Vice President's approval.
Funding for any project will require Cabinet-level approval.
This ensures leadership has visibility over the campus environment and financials during this challenging time.
"Projects" are alterations, new construction, or renovations on campus that involve multiple trades and have a cost that exceeds $5,000. All modifications to the physical structure of campus buildings and grounds must be managed by Facilities, per UNT Policy 11.009.
- Renovations to offices, classrooms, laboratories, or public areas inside a building.
- New ground-up construction of buildings or stand-alone structures, such as greenhouses or exterior storage sheds.
- Upgrades to building systems, such as heating/cooling systems.
- Equipment installation that impacts building systems, such as electrical or data communication.
Before Initiating a Project
- Do you need help determining the cost of a prospective project? Take advantage of our Estimating services prior to requesting a project. Visit the Estimating webpage here: https://facilities.unt.edu/services/estimating
- Obtain approval and a funding source from your department's Director or Dean.
- Submit a Space Request Form to the Office of Space Management & Planning.
- Following the instructions on the Project Initiation Worksheet, submit a complete form to Facilities. The form must have signatures from both an Account Holder and Dean/Director.
- Facilities will process your request and send you a confirmation e-mail with your "TMA #." That number becomes your unique project identifier.
- You will be notified when a Project Manager (PM) is assigned to your project request. The PM will schedule a meeting to discuss your needs for the project.
- The PM will develop a detailed scope of work and a formal estimate of cost, which will be a Guaranteed Price. The PM will meet with you to review the scope of work and cost and obtain approval to proceed. If the work impacts a floor plan and space layout, you will be asked to review them for approval.
- The project cost will be sent to you on a Project Budget Worksheet (PBW) for review and signature. Send the signed PBW to the Budget Office for their review and signature.
- Return the complete PBW to Facilities, at which time the PM will begin procuring goods and services and scheduling construction activities to begin.
- The PM will keep you informed of the status of your project during construction.
- At the end of construction, the PM will coordinate any punch list items with you and provide warranty assistance.