If you are planning to run cables through a wall, hang a photo, or otherwise disrupt walls – or if you have concerns about asbestos or mold – UNT has a comprehensive process to track your request and offer support.
Should you need to run cable through walls for telecom or data, install new electrical or plumbing elements, hang a picture or furniture, or anything else that may create a break in a wall, please first submit a Work Order request to the Facilities Work Control team. Facilities will connect with Risk Management Services to ensure inspections for asbestos or mold are handled as part of this request.
If you need to directly address a potential asbestos or mold issue, then please report that directly to Risk Management Services.
For these processes, Facilities will now be performing follow-up inspections upon project completion. This will ensure proper installation procedures have been followed as well as UNT’s continued compliance with state safety guidelines.
To address specific asbestos or mold concerns in your area, contact Risk Management Services:
Risk Management Services
- Asbestos: https://riskmanagement.unt.edu/Public-Health/Asbestos
- Mold: https://riskmanagement.unt.edu/public-health/mold
- General contact: 940-565-2109
To initiate the process to puncture or disrupt walls, contact Facilities:
Facilities Work Control
- Any request including wall penetrations, asbestos, or mold: https://facilities.unt.edu (click the Request Service button)
- General contact: 940-565-2700 or Work.Control@unt.edu